Table of Contents
- What Is The Best Vacuum For Hardwood Floors?
- 1. Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum – Editor’s Choice
- 2. Miele Grey Classic C1 Pure Suction Canister Vacuum Cleaner – Amazon’s Choice
- 3. Shark Rocket DeluxePro Ultra-Light Upright Corded Stick Vacuum – Powerful 2 in 1 Vacuum
- 4. Bissell PowerEdge Hard Floor Vacuum – Best Natural Sanitizer
- Buyer’s Guide
I’ve personally tried a ton of different vacuums. As an owner of a home with hardwood floors, I know how difficult it can be to find a good vacuum for them. Dirt, crumbs, pet hair… kids! I created this post to share my own personal experiences and reviews of my personal favorites, within all types of price ranges. I got a few great ones for those moms on a budget.
What Is The Best Vacuum For Hardwood Floors?
Last update on 2021-05-13 / Paid links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum – Editor’s Choice
- NEW ITEM AVAILABLE: Linx product line will be discontinued from the Manufacturer. Please visit the Hoover ONEPWR Evolve Pet...
- EXTREME RECLINE HANDLE: Reach further without having to move any furniture around
- EDGE CLEANING BRISTLES: Removes dirt, dust, and pet hair against those hard to reach edges
Last update on 2021-05-13 / Paid links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIPart of the company’s Platinum Collection™, the Hoover LiNX Cordless Stick Vacuum is not just considered a “Premier Product” by Hoover® itself but has been deemed worthy enough by its own share of fans as the best vacuum for hardwood floors currently available in the market. Measuring 10.63” x 8” x 25”, this vacuum is actually quite light, coming in at just a little over 12 pounds and while it may be lightweight, it is definitely the opposite in terms of its ability to perform as compared with similar models from other companies, making it among the top machines.
As far as its features are concerned, the Hoover LiNX Cordless Stick Vacuum is chockfull of them and are part and parcel of why it has been called by some the best vacuum for hardwood floors:
The Hoover LiNX Cordless Stick Vacuum is lightweight and a breeze to use, making it a great vacuum to have around the house. If there was anything that I wasn’t too thrilled with, it might be the life of the battery. The best thing to do is to remember that when battery has been fully recharged, it should be removed from the charger right away. Letting it stay in longer will affect battery life. Other than that, it is easy to see why this little vac is a choice by some as the best vacuum for hardwood floors.
2. Miele Grey Classic C1 Pure Suction Canister Vacuum Cleaner – Amazon’s Choice
- This powerful but quiet German-engineered bagged canister vacuum has a combination floor head that is ideal for cleaning hard...
- This lightweight and nimble Miele vacuum offers maximum maneuverability both around and underneath furniture. Switch between...
- Miele’s unique AirClean System ensures maximum filtration consisting of a genuine Miele FilterBag, motor protection filter...
Last update on 2021-05-12 / Paid links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIWhen it comes to vacuum cleaners, the Miele Canister Vacuum Cleaner seems to be the one that has received rave reviews, with many considering it the best vacuum for hardwood floors. This is the top of the line folks! Not only is the vacuum able to vacuum hard floors but it is also able to vacuum rugs, carpets, upholstery, and even drapery! Aside from the main unit, the rubberized hosing, and the telescopic wand made of stainless steel, the package also comes with what it calls the FiberteQ SBD350-3 Tool which can be used for both vacuuming on carpeted and non-carpeted flooring all throughout one’s home.
Being labeled the best vacuum for hardwood floors and even for other surfaces means that the features of the Miele Canister Vacuum Cleaner must truly be among the best in the industry:
Aside from the aforementioned, there are other positive things that the Miele Canister Vacuum Cleaner has going for it: its weight that makes it easy to carry around, its ability to shut off to avoid overheating, and more. This is what a lot of reviewers believe to be the best vacuum for hardwood floors. This vacuum was manufactured and was meant to truly last for decades, making it an investment.
3. Shark Rocket DeluxePro Ultra-Light Upright Corded Stick Vacuum – Powerful 2 in 1 Vacuum
- No loss of suction. To clean bare floors, area rugs, or with accessories-slide the power switch to setting l, bare floor,...
- Powerful 2 in 1 vacuum deep cleans your carpets and hardwood floors
- Perfect for quick pickups; Cord length: 25 feet
Last update on 2021-05-12 / Paid links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIShark is a brand name associated most with vacuum cleaners that come in all shapes and sizes and while there are certain models that we consider could fall in the class of the best vacuum for hardwood floors, the Shark Rocket DeluxePro Ultra-Light Upright Corded Stick Vacuum seeks to keep the company tradition alive and claim the title for itself. At 13” x 10.25” x 47.5” and weighing less than 9 pounds, this vacuum is easy to use and can even be moved to higher floors in a multi-level home. Its 25-foot power cord also allows it to clean a large area without needing to be re-plugged.
The Shark Rocket DeluxePro Ultra-Light Upright Corded Stick Vacuum is certainly not anyone’s ordinary and old-fashioned stick vacuum cleaner in that it is backed by both innovative design and technology and has the following features in order to be considered the best vacuum for hardwood floors around:
With a majority of customers giving it top marks, the Shark Rocket DeluxePro Ultra-Light Upright Corded Stick Vacuum does seem primed to be considered a possible choice for the best vacuum for hardwood floors. It is not as expensive as other models in the market but it is still able to perform at its optimum best. There were some reviewers who did feel it is a machine best used for light cleaning work that one would often do with a broom and dustpan. For smaller homes, this Shark vacuum appears apt and ready to take on easily manageable cleaning jobs, producing the best results.
4. Bissell PowerEdge Hard Floor Vacuum – Best Natural Sanitizer
- 2 in 1 steam mop with detachable handheld steamer to clean with the power of steam both on and above your floors
- Control the amount of steam you put on your floors with on demand steam trigger
- Easily clean and maneuver into corners and edges with Triangle foot design. Power rating is 1500 Watts
Last update on 2021-05-12 / Paid links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIConsidered by many as one of, if not the best vacuum for hardwood floors, the Bissell PowerEdge Hard Floor Vacuum eliminates the need for the conventional broom and dustpan when it comes to cleaning up dirt and debris off hardwood floors. This hardwood floor vacuum comes with the patented V-shape design that the PowerEdge® line of vacuums is known for. The fact that it is a vacuum should not dissuade anyone since it is quite light in terms of weight, allowing it to be easily moved from one room of the house to another without having to strain oneself unnecessarily.
This Bissell PowerEdge Hard Floor Vacuum has several features that make it a standout choice as a possible best vacuum for hardwood floors and a lot has to do with its overall design:
Bissell PowerEdge Hard Floor Vacuum has received a majority of positive reviews from those who have already purchased and used it. Its suctioning power as well as its ability to not just work on hardwood floors but on low pile carpets makes it a winner. There are some quibbles regarding its noise level and there were pet owners who claimed it did not fare too well with pet hair. However, there is a Bissell® PowerEdge® model specifically made for pet owners and this vacuum’s performance indeed makes it a prime candidate as the best vacuum for hardwood floors.